Last Updated 3 Apr 2017
We work together with insurance brokers and insurers in Hong Kong, who provide us with information of their products.
For insurance advisors: insurance information that you may access through Seasonalife is generally limited to what your company (whether an insurance company or broker) has access to, so only selected products are included for presentation and comparison. Seasonalife is not involved in any negotiations between you and your clients, nor between you and the insurance company or other intermediaries in the consideration or purchase of any insurance product. Subsequently, we do not bear any responsibility or liability for you or your clients’ purchase, you or your clients’ understanding or interpretation of insurance products, the suitability or quality of the product or services purchased, or the agreement you enter into with your clients or the insurer or insurance broker.
Seasonalife is a general informational and educational website. These services are intended for general education purpose only, and does not constitute any professional advice (medical, legal, investment, tax or whatsoever). You should seek independent advices before making any investment decision or taking out any policy. Your use of our Website is at your own risk. Seasonalife hereby excludes any liability arises from using these tools. You should use Seasonalife at your own risk. We use our best efforts to ensure that this information is up-to-date and accurate. Any insurance policy premium quotes or ranges displayed are non-binding. The final insurance policy premium for any policy is determined by the underwriting insurance company following application. Seasonalife does not underwrite any insurance policy described on this website.
The information on our Website is directed to residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China ("Hong Kong"). Insurance policies accessed through our Website should only be purchased by residents in Hong Kong. We make no representation that information and materials included on our website are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
By using or accessing the Seasonalife Services you agree to these Terms, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 8 below. Because Seasonalife provides a wide range of services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific product or service. These Terms state that any disputes between you and Seasonalife must be resolved in arbitration or small claims court.
1. Registration and Account Security. To use the Services, you must (i) be at least eighteen (18) years of age; (ii) have not previously been suspended or removed from the Services; and (iii) register for and use the Services in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
A. Account Registration. To access some features of the Services, you may be required to register for an account. When you register for an account, we may ask you to give us certain identifying information about yourself, including but not limited to your email address and other contact information, and to create a user name and password ("Registration Information"). When registering for and maintaining an account, you agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself. You also agree not to impersonate anyone, misrepresent any affiliation with anyone else, use false information, or otherwise conceal your identity from Seasonalife for any purpose.
B. You Are Responsible For Your Account. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password and other Registration Information. For your protection and the protection of other users, we ask you not to share your Registration Information with anyone else. If you do share this information with anyone, we will consider their activities to have been authorized by you. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, you must immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Third Party Services.
A. Insurance providers. We do not own or control any of the insurance brokers or insurers, the products or services displayed on our Website nor do we own, control or operate the websites of insurance brokers or insurers. We provide the links to the insurance brokers or insurers' websites for your reference and convenience only. We do not suggest, imply, establish or constitute an endorsement, approval, recommendation or advice regarding an insurance broker or insurer or their products. We do not accept any responsibility or liability regarding those websites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use or misuse of them. The websites of insurance brokers and insurers may have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. You should refer to them before you use their websites. Any involvement and dealing you have with the insurance brokers or insurers is entirely at your own risk.
We are a technology company offering a platform to provide education around personal finance and insurance needs, and to gather information and compare different insurance products. Seasonalife is not an insurance intermediary. Therefore, the content displayed on our Website, including but not limited to the online tools and comparison service, should not be considered or construed to be an offer or solicitation to buy any insurance products from the insurers or other third parties for that matter.
We may occasionally provide premium rates, features, financial strength ratings, and/or other information about certain companies and products for which we are not appointed to sell. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a solicitation or invitation for application for the sale of such products.
B. Advice from Third Parties. Some of the Services involve advice from third parties and third party content. You agree that any such advice and content is provided for information, education, and entertainment purposes only, and does not constitute legal, financial, tax planning, medical, or other advice from Seasonalife. You agree that Seasonalife is not liable for any advice provided by third parties. You agree that you are responsible for your own financial research and financial decisions, and that Seasonalife is not responsible or liable for any decisions or actions you take or authorize third parties to take on your behalf based on information you receive as a user of Seasonalife.
Most insurance companies receive financial strength ratings from third-party rating agencies. We provide these ratings as a courtesy. We strive to keep this information updated but cannot guarantee their accuracy at all times. For more additional information regarding third-party ratings, including the scope and extent of such ratings, the websites of the ratings organizations are listed below for you to learn more about how they rate companies.
D. Seasonalife Does Not Endorse Third Parties. The Services may contain links to third party websites and services. Seasonalife provides such links as a convenience, and does not control or endorse these websites and services. You acknowledge and agree that Seasonalife has not reviewed the content, advertising, products, services, or other materials that appear on such third party websites or services, and is not responsible for the legality, accuracy, or appropriateness of any such content, and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of any such third party websites or services.
3. Prohibited Conduct. You agree not to:
A. Use the Services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, national, or international law;
B. Violate or encourage others to violate the rights of third parties, including intellectual property rights;
C. Post, upload, or distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate;
D. Interfere in any way with security-related features of the Services;
E. Interfere with the operation or any user's enjoyment of the Services, including by uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code, making unsolicited offers or advertisements to other users, or attempting to collect personal information about users or third parties without their consent;
F. Access, monitor or copy any content or information of the Site using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without Seasonalife's express written permission;
G. Perform any fraudulent activity, including impersonating any person or entity, claiming false affiliations, accessing the accounts of other users without permission, or falsifying your identity or any information about you, including age or date of birth; or
H. Sell or otherwise transfer the access granted herein.
4. Intellectual Property and User Content. The Seasonalife Services are protected by applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws, and no materials from the Services may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without our express permission. All trademarks and service marks on the Services belong to Seasonalife, except third-party trademarks or service marks, which are the property of their respective owners. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise have the right to use any content you post to the Services. If you believe that your content has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may contact:
PA 2, 25/F, Two Harbour Square,
180 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong,
Phone: (852) 3905-2999
You must provide the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Seasonalife has adopted and implements a policy that provides for termination in appropriate circumstances of accounts of users who repeatedly infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights of Seasonalife or others.
5. Indemnification. You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of the Services, and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Seasonalife from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses (including attorneys' and accounting fees and costs), arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to, use of, or alleged use of the Services; (ii) your violation of the Terms or any applicable law or regulation; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any disputes or issues between you and any third party. Seasonalife reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
6. Termination. If you violate these Terms, your permission to use the Services will automatically terminate. In addition, Seasonalife in its sole discretion may suspend or terminate your user account and/or suspend or terminate some or all of your access to the Services at any time, with or without notice to you. You may terminate your account at any time by contacting Customer Service at email@example.com. After your account is terminated, information and content previously provided by you will no longer be accessible through your account, but Seasonalife may continue to store such information and content, and it may also be stored by third parties to whom it has been transferred through your use of the Services.
7. Modification of the Terms. Seasonalife reserves the right at any time to modify these Terms and to impose new or additional terms or conditions on your use of the Services. Such modifications and additional terms and conditions will be effective immediately upon notice and incorporated into these Terms. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of any material changes to the Terms, including, but not limited to, by posting a notice to our website or by sending an email to any address you may have provided to us. Your continued use of the Services following notice will be deemed acceptance of any modifications to the Terms.
8. Disclaimers of Warranties. The Services are provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis, without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied. Although Seasonalife seeks to maintain safe, secure, accurate, and well-functioning services, we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Services, and there may at times be inadvertent technical or factual errors or inaccuracies.
A. No Warranties. Seasonalife specifically (but without limitation) disclaims (i) any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, quiet enjoyment, or non-infringement; and (ii) any warranties arising out of course-of-dealing, usage, or trade. You assume all risk for any/all damages that may result from your use of or access to the Services. Seasonalife is not responsible for the loss of, damage to, or unavailability of any information you have made available through the Services, and you are solely responsible for ensuring that you have backup copies of any information you have made available through the Services.
B. No Guarantee Of Accuracy. Seasonalife does not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaims all liability for, any errors or other inaccuracies in the information, content, recommendations, and materials made available through the Services.
C. Services Provided For Informational Purposes. The information provided through the Services is provided solely for informational, educational, or entertainment purposes. Seasonalife and the Services are not endorsed by or affiliated with FINRA or the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong, and Seasonalife is not a financial institution or insurance provider. Seasonalife makes no representations, warranties, or guarantees, express or implied, regarding the results or savings that may be obtained through the use of the Services. Before making any financial decisions or implementing any financial strategy, including recommendations of third parties identified through the Services, Seasonalife recommends that you obtain additional information and advice of accountants or other financial advisors who are fully aware of your individual circumstances.
D. No Warranties Regarding Third Parties. Seasonalife makes no representations, warranties, or guarantees, express or implied, regarding any third party service or advice provided by a third party, or any quotes or offers provided through the Services. Seasonalife does not endorse any particular advisor or other third party. Seasonalife acts solely as an intermediary between you and third party service providers and expressly disclaims any and all liability for any content, products, or services provided by such service providers. See Section 3, above, for more information regarding third parties and third party services.
9. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Seasonalife be liable to you for any incidental, special, consequential, direct, indirect, or punitive damages, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), statute, or any other legal theory, whether or not Seasonalife has been informed of the possibility of such damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or limitation of liability in certain circumstances. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
10. Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the Hong Kong SAR, without regard to conflict of law principles. Subject to Section 11, which provides that disputes are to be resolved through binding arbitration or small claims court, to the extent that any lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted hereunder, you and Seasonalife agree that any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be commenced in the courts of the Hong Kong SAR, and each Party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such court in any such suit, action or proceeding. We operate the Services from our offices in Hong Kong, and we make no representation that information and materials included in the Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
11. Dispute Resolution by Binding Arbitration. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Seasonalife in the most expedient and cost effective manner, you and Seasonalife agree to resolve disputes through binding arbitration or small claims court instead of in courts of general jurisdiction ("Agreement to Arbitrate"). Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. You acknowledge and agree that the arbitrator may award relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief necessitated by that individual party's claim(s). Any relief awarded cannot affect other users.
A. Claims To Be Resolved By Binding Arbitration. You and Seasonalife agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be broadly interpreted. It includes, but is not limited to: claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory; claims that arose before this or any prior Terms; claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class; and claims that may arise after the termination of these Terms.
B. Exceptions. Notwithstanding Section 11(A), you and Seasonalife agree that no statement herein shall be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit either party's right to (i) bring an individual action in small claims court; (ii) pursue enforcement actions through applicable federal, state, or local agencies where such actions are available; (iii) seek injunctive relief in any competent court of law; or (iv) to file suit in a court of law to address intellectual property infringement claims.
C. Arbitrator. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, will be settled by arbitration in accordance with the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law Arbitration Rules ("UNCITRAL Rules") in force at the date of this Agreement and as may be amended by the rest of this section 11C. The parties agree to request the arbitrator to make their determination within 3 months after the dispute, difference or claim was referred to arbitration (or such other period as the Parties may agree). The appointing authority will be the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre ("HKIAC"). The place of arbitration will be Hong Kong. The language to be used in the arbitration will be English. There will only be one arbitrator. Any such arbitration will be administered by HKIAC in accordance with HKIAC Procedures for Arbitration in force at the date of this Agreement including such additions to the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules as therein contained. Nothing in this clause prevents a Party from seeking urgent or similar interim relief from a court.
D. Notice and Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice"). The Notice to Seasonalife should be addressed to: Room D-E, 10/F, Infotech Centre, 21 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong ("Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If you and Seasonalife do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Seasonalife may commence an arbitration proceeding.
E. No Class Actions. You and Seasonalife agree that each may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. Unless both you and Seasonalife agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
F. Opt-Out. If you are a new Seasonalife user, you can choose to reject the arbitration agreement contained in this Section 11 ("opt-out") by mailing us a written opt-out notice ("Opt-Out Notice"). The Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than thirty (30) days after the date you accept these Terms for the first time. You must mail the Opt-Out Notice to the Notice Address listed in Section 11(D), above.
The Opt-Out Notice must contain your name, address (including street address, city, and country), and the user name(s) and email address(es) associated with the Seasonalife account(s) to which the opt-out applies. You must sign the Opt-Out Notice for it to be effective. This procedure is the only way you can opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate. If you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate, all other parts of the Terms will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Agreement to Arbitrate has no effect on any previous, other, or future arbitration agreements that you may have with Seasonalife.
G. Modifications. If Seasonalife makes any future change to this Agreement to Arbitrate (other than a change to the Notice Address), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to the Notice Address provided above. You acknowledge and agree that, in the event you reject any future change, your account with Seasonalife shall be immediately terminated and you will arbitrate any dispute between us in accordance with the language of this provision.
H. Severability and Enforceability. If an arbitrator or court decides that any part of this Section 11 is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of this Section 12 shall still apply. If the entirety of this Section 11 is found to be unenforceable, then the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 10 shall govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms, and that the remainder of the Terms will continue to apply.
12. Modification of the Services. Seasonalife reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, some or all of the Services at any time without any notice or further obligation to you. You agree that Seasonalife will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of any of the Services.
B. No Waiver. The failure to require performance of any provision shall not affect our right to require performance at any time thereafter, nor shall a waiver of any breach or default of the Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default or a waiver of the provision itself.
C. Paragraph Headers. Use of paragraph headers in the Terms is for convenience only and shall not have any impact on the interpretation of particular provisions.
D. Severability. In the event that any part of the Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remaining parts will remain in full force and effect.
Last Updated 3 Apr 2017
Please be aware that any personal data collected will be used for direct marketing only upon your consent. Seasonalife will not conduct direct marketing to you in case you do not wish to receive relevant materials. In this case, you will not be informed of the specific products, services or subject mentioned below.
If you do not agree using any kind of your personal data for any types of transmission, in respect of your data, including name, address, email and telephone number for direct marketing, please indicate your objection before providing any personal information by informing us in writing via the contact below.
Information we may collect from you
For the purposes mentioned below, we ask you for personal information ("Personal Data") as listed below for our service offering. It is voluntary for you to provide the Personal Data in this Website. However, if you fail to do so, we may not be able to serve the purposes listed below.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
You hereby guarantee that the Personal Data provided are true and accurate. You agree to notify us as soon as possible any changes to your Personal Data. Seasonalife has no liability regarding any loss or damage arises from the provision of erroneous, inexact or incomplete information.
Purposes for which we use your data
We will use your Personal Data for some or all of the following purposes:
Cookies are data files that contain and collect data. Cookies will be stored in your computer’s hard drive when you browse this website. This facilitates us in providing a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to gain insights of how we can further improve our website. By using this website, you consent us using cookies. Such use of data does not disclose your Personal Data, and we will not collect, process or use any of your Personal Data in this regard. You can choose not to accept the cookies, but some functionalities may not be available if you do so.
These cookies enable us to:
Storage of Personal Data
We may transfer or store your Personal Data at a place outside Hong Kong. It may also be processed by staff working in or outside Hong Kong, who work for us, for one of our suppliers, partners, affiliates, insurance brokers or insurers whom we seek quotation from and/or who enter into transactions with you. These staff may be engaged in, including but not limited to, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment and provision of after-sales services. All Personal Data will only be stored for a duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed, in any event not longer than necessary.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Services or store on the Site and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to your information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users or other third parties with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post through the Services and on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. Even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
Where you have chosen, or we have given you, a password to access certain components of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We also exclude all liability in case you lose your own password.
Disclosure on personal data
We will maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Data and not disclose or transfer such Personal Data to or allow access by any parties other than the affiliates and partners of Seasonalife, including but not limited to Coherent Capital Advisors, Ltd, insurance brokers, insurers or any partners whom we have business relationship, for the purposes mentioned in this Policy. These parties may make use of your Personal Data to conduct marketing and/or business communication with you with your prior consent. You can opt out receiving Seasonalife’s direct marketing materials, including but not limited to email newsletters and direct phone call, by informing us via the contact below.
Please be aware that Seasonalife may be required to disclose your Personal Data upon lawful requests by the government or law enforcement authorities. If permissible by the relevant law, Seasonalife may believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary for, including but not limited to, protecting our properties or our rights.
Keeping you updated regarding our services & direct marketing
Upon your express explicit prior consent, we and/or our trustworthy third parties will use your Personal Data to conduct direct marketing via your email, post, phone calls or text messages from time to time. You can exercise your right to opt out from direct marketing by informing us via the contact below.
The following classes of products, services or subjects may be marketed, including but not limited to, promotional events, Seasonalife’s partners, and other products and services related to insurance.
Third party providers
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. In case we intend to use your Personal Data for marketing purpose, we will inform you prior to collecting your data. We will also seek your prior consent before disclosing your information to any third party. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking relevant boxes in the form indicating your intention. Alternatively, you can also exercise your right by informing us at the contact below.
You also have the right to access and/or correct your Personal Data held by Seasonalife under Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Any relevant requests may be directed to the contact below. You may also update your information through logging into your account at any time.
The Service is hosted in the Hong Kong and is intended solely for visitors located within Hong Kong. You agree that if you choose to use the Services from outside Hong Kong, you will be transferring your information outside of those regions to Hong Kong for storage and processing.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
Seasonalife reserves the right to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you wish to exercise your rights, or you have any inquiries regarding your Personal Data, you are welcomed to address your inquiries to:
Personal Data Privacy Officerhelp@seasonalife.com
PA 2, 25/F, Two Harbour Square,
180 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong,